Legislator: Creating the Home Page
This theme includes a home page template. To use the home page template, create a new page. The page can be named anything but for demonstration purposes we'll name it "Home".
Then assign the "Home" template to the page:
From the Reading Settings of your WordPress site, assign the Home page as the 'Front page':
The home page template consists of the following sections:
- Home page content: Any content entered into the home page editing area will display here
- Home Hero Area: Place widgets into this section at Appearance > Widgets
- Home Bio: Enter content into this section at Appearance > Theme Options > Home: Bio
- Home Events: This is a widgetized area located at Appearance > Widgets. We recommend the Events List widget to display The Events Calendar posts here. The section can be toggled on and off in Appearance > Theme Options > Home: Events
- Home Latest Posts: This section will display the most recent posts. The section is controlled in Appearance > Theme Options > Home: Latest News
- Home Gallery: When the Rescue Portfolio plugin is activated, this section will display the most recent gallery images. The section is controlled in Appearance > Theme Options > Home: Gallery.
- Donate Button: Customize this button in Appearance > Theme Options > Footer
- Footer Widgets: Add widgets to the footer in Appearance > Widgets > Footer
- Social Icons: Customize your social icons in Appearance > Theme Options > Footer